Jan 26, 2008

Tea Pot Agnostic

A TEAPOT AGNOSTIC'S MANIFESTO

Hello. I am the Tea Pot Agnostic, and this is my blog. I know what you are thinking: What the hell is a Tea Pot Agnostic? It's a borrowed phrase, that I am borrowing again. Richard Dawkins used it in his TED speech in 2002, but it originated from an analogy by Bertrand Russell which centers on the philosopher's views on the existence of God. If I were to claim that there were a tiny tea pot orbiting mars, that was so small that it couldn't be seen, but I could prove with an ancient book that had been translated and edited thousands of times, the burden of proof would still be on me to prove that it existed, not on the skeptics. That isn't true however with religion. A tea pot agnostic is an atheist in the sense that he doesn't believe God exists, but can't prove that he doesn't. Just like I can't prove that there isn't a tea pot orbiting mars, I can't prove there isn't a god. I give the possibility of their existence equal merit.

That pretty much sums me up, I am a militant atheist who works for a Christian organization.

So what the hell is this blog going to be about? Mostly politics for the next few months, but in general, Me. My life and views, particularly the political and religious atrocities committed daily by the U. S. Government and Major Corporations and their effect on our lives.

Here's a taste of what you're in for:

There are a few major corporations who control the entire media, movies, television, music, newspapers the whole 9 yards. Sony, AOL Time Warner, GE, Disney, Viacom, and News Corp control 90% of all U. S. media. They have entire buildings full of Lobbyists in Washington, and they tell you what to think, buy, and know. On that note, Denis Kucinich was banned from an NBC debate in Nevada. There was some dispute about a contract, and a court decision about the validity of that claim, but that isn't irrelevant. What is important is that NBC is owned by GE, which owns GE Healthcare, an $18 billion dollar company, and a rather large Nuclear Power investment. They get to pick the people who run for President, where's the fucking freedom in that.

I also LOVE the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36A8DV3dk24

The US is an Endemic surveillance society, right there with China, Russia and Great Britain.

Bill Maher is on, I wish I could figure out how to watch it without a TV. I'm with the writers, fuck the corporate media and all that jazz. If they were really smart they'd just shoot webisodes or something with the writers and all, avoid the TV all together. Bill Maher, if you are out there, holla, we'll work this out.


No comments: