Mar 31, 2008

Black Keys: Attack and Release



After I heard Rubber Factory, I didn't really care about hearing anything more from the Black Keys. That's probably why I didn't buy, or even listen to, any of the albums between it and Attack and Release. After seeing the video below at My Old Kentucky Blog, I decided that this album would get at least a full listen. It was worth it. While the Keys early work was nothing but simplistic blues, this new album is developed, layered and multi-instrumental. Changes in tempo and style offer a wider range of sounds and really test what the Keys can do. When this comes out tomorrow (4/1) you should buy it, or at least give it a good listen. For now, check these out.

MP3: The Black Keys - Strange Times

MP3: The Black Keys - Psychotic Girl

Video: The Black Keys - Strange Times

No comments: